Kogi Govt. Gives Reasons For Establishing Another State University in Okunland.
1. The Kogi State Government has today, through the State Executive Council, approved the establishment of a State University to be situated in Okunland.
2. The decision of the State Government was informed by the need to take University education to the doorstep of people across the three Senatorial Districts in the State. There is the Prince Abubakar Audu University, Anyigba in the Eastern flank of the state; Confluence University of Science and Technology at Osara in the Central District of the state. A University in Okunland will address the gap in the educational infrastructure as it relates to higher education in Okunland.
3. The Governor has directed the transmission of the right legislative instruments to the legislature to ensure the passage of the Bill establishing the University.
4. The Administration of Alh. Yahaya Bello will continue to ensure governance of equity, fairness and justice by ensuring all parts of the state enjoy the dividends of democracy. This is crucial to the sustenance and social cohesion in the state.
5. We congratulate the great people of Okunland as finally, a State Government has considered it expedient to site a University in a District that boasts of some of the best brains in Nigeria.
Kingsley Femi Fanwo
Hon. Commissioner for Information and Communications