……Promises To Move More Motions as motions so far moved were aimed at ameliorating the plights of my people.
The Senator Representing Kogi East at the National Assembly, Alhaji Jibrin Isah Echocho says the motions and bills he sponsored at the Red Chamber were aimed at improving the welfare of his constituents.
The Senator who made the remark while speaking with The Point Reporters noted that he is always with his people which has made him to have first hand information about their plights.
He said most of the motions were aimed at ameliorating the sufferings of the people of the area.
The Senator noted with joy that he has moved ten motions at the Red Chambers so far and hoped to do more.
Among the motions obtained by the Point Reporters from the Score card of the senator from 2019 till date include:
1. Urgent need for rehabilitation of Communities affected by rainstorm in Olamaboro Local Government Area of Kogi State. Through Provisions of relief materials, residential, educational, health and other facilities.
2. Need for the expeditious completion of rail line from Ajaokuta in Kogi State to Otukpo in Benue State.
3. Urgent need for completion and take-off of Aquaculture Project at Idah, Kogi State.
4. Urgent need for the rehabilitation of Ajaokuta Itobe road.
5. Urgent need for the completion of the Junior Girls Model Secondary School Odu-Okpiyegede in Dekina Local Government Area of Kogi State.
6. Urgent need for construction of Anyigba, Dekina Shintaku roads.
7. Urgent need for construction of Sheriya bridge destroyed by flood, and provisions of relief materials for flood victims, in Bassa Local Government Area of Kogi State.
8. Urgent need for provision of adequate security measures, to address the crisis in Bassa Local Government, and provisions of relief materials for displaced persons resulting from the crisis.
9. The need to relocate and provide relief materials for the victims of flood in seven (7) Local Government Areas of Kogi Eastern Senatorial District, of Kogi State.
10. Urgent need for the Federal Government of Nigeria, to mitigate the pains of the victims of Petrol Tanker explosion at Olofu-Ochadamu in Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State.
The Senator explained that as a people friendly senator, he will continue to interact with his constituents to enable him meet their needs.
He appealed to the people to remain steadfast in their support for his ambition to return to the Senate for a second term to enable him do more for them.