COMMUNIQUE PASSED BY APC WARD EXECUTIVES AND IJUMU LOCAL GOVERNMENT EXECUTIVES AT THE END OF ITS MEETING ON APRIL 8TH, 2021 AT THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT PARTY SECRETARIAT IN IYARA.
1. Forum Frown at the way and manner the three principal local government executives have been conducting themselves in recent time, i.e local government party Chairman, Women leader and Youth leader.
2. That we lament the total neglect of Ward Chairmen and Local Government Executives in the scheme of things. Ward Chairmen are automatic members of the Local Government Executive Commitee as spelt out by the party constitution. “APC Constitution – Local Government Executives Commitee Section 13 subsection 12, page 30 refers. The tenure of Ward Chairmen is gradually spanning four years with nothing to show for it because the trio of Party Chairman, Women Leader and Youth Leader are fighting the Executive Chairman.
3. That the party Chairman, Women leader and Youth leader having received official vehicles from the Executive Chairman but still lament around that they don’t benefit anything from the Party.
4. That the whole family members of the party Chairman are members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
5. That the Party Chairman doesn’t call for Executive Commitee meeting.
6. That their is lack of communication between the Local Government Executives and Ward Chairmen.
7. That the party registration materials/ logistics were diverted by the trio of Party Chairman, Women leader and Youth leader.
8. That our party office equipments, such as standing fans, DSTV Dish, Generator Set and Projector has dissapeared.
9. That the women leader haven desperately want to become the Local Government Council Vice Chairman and failed, has vowed to disrupt the party.
10. That the party Chairman doesn’t communicate notice of meeting to the Executive Chairman, who is the major financier of the party in the Local Government.
11.That the party Chairman on the invitation of the State Executive Council to invite Local Government Women Leader and Youth Leader went ahead to extend the invitation to Ward Chairmen, Secretaries,Youth Leaders of the Fifteen wards and subject them to hunger, where all of them got stranded in Lokoja without any way of coming back home. He refused to inform the Executive Chairman who is the financier of the party in the Local Government on the numbers of persons he was asked to invite.
We therefore, pass a vote of no confidence on the trio of the Party Chairman, Women Leader and Youth Leader as their activities may spell doom for the party.