Pls do well to share, like and follow this page by clicking the icon above.
16 Errors Made in English and their corrections
It is highly necessary and expedient that we master the use of the English language. I know it could be a bit herculean at times To master due to the fact that it is a borrowed language Especially in this part of the world; but regular Learning and constant Usage and application of the language will definitely lead to perfection.
As a Distinguished business man or woman, consultant, student, Receptionist, cleric, or whatever profession Or occupation you are into, Speaking Well constructed English with little or no errors Will surely Give you an edge and take you above others around you. The English accent is well attributed to respect, trust me you would never regret being able to get the right words at the right time. Listed Below are so some often misused statements in English and their corrections. See below:
1. Incorrect –You are Lacking behind
Correct–You are Lagging behind
2. Incorrect – I searched Every nook and corner
Correct – I searched Every nook and cranny
3. Incorrect –You can’t buy a bicycle Talkless of a car.
Correct –You can’t buy a bicycle Let alone a car.
4. Incorrect – I am going to an all night
Correct– I am going to a vigil
5. Incorrect – I will Do my possible best.
Correct – I Will Do my best.
6. Incorrect – The bread Is is too strong
Correct – The Bread is too tough
7. Incorrect – Ngozi is mannerless!
Correct – Ngozi is ill-mannered!
8. Incorrect – I saw your missed call
Correct – I missed your call.
9. Incorect- The manager is not on seat.
Correct – The manager is not in the office at present.
10. Incorrect – Emeka and Tony are birds of the same feather
Correct – Emeka and Tony are birds of a feather.
11. Incorrect – Jacob is a trickish fellow
Correct- Jacob is a tricky fellow
12. Incorrect – I want to ease myself
Correct – I want to pass urine
13. Incorrect -Lend me your ring boiler
Correct – Lend me your boiler or water heater
14. Incorrect – Mr John is my Tight friend
Correct – Mr. John is my bossom Or close friend
15. Incorrect- Many people buy coloured television these days
Correct – Many people buy colour television these days
16. Incorrect – I am feeling headache
Correct – I am Having a headache
I hope you learnt from these English statements and corrections. Do well to master them and apply them in your day to day conversations with people.
pls do well to share with your friends, like, drop your comments and ensure to follow this page by the icon above.