Folorunsho Olafemi Foundation (FOF) is set empower Young Entrepreneurs from Yagba Land. The empowerment programme tagged; The Yagba Opportunities Unlimited Challenge (YOUPreneur Challenge) is designed to have interest Yagba Youths write in form of an Essay, different Entrepreneural and Business Proposal that can awaken the economic activities of Yagba Land.
The innovative youth entrepreneurship contest which is organized, sponsored by the FOF shall have different themes where participants can pick which to write from. under the supervision of The Impact group
The contest is aimed at building young entrepreneurs and innovations in Yagba Land. The outcome of the contest is designed to turn around the economic atmosphere of Yagba Land positively.
The competition guidelines are as follows:
° Participants must be an indigene of Yagba Federal Constituency between the age of 18 to 35 years
° The challenges, insights, resolutions and solutions should be limited to Kogi state.
(What innovative idea can be implemented with N200,000.
° Entries should not be less than 2000 words and not more than 3000 words.
° The idea may not be limited to business, it may be a social problem.
° Only one entry per participants is accepted.
° Essay must be submitted in PDF format and sent to email@example.com
° All essays must be formatted as follows: Font size 12, Times New Roman and double space.
° The competition runs from July 1st 2020 with a deadline of August 31st 2020
° Participants are to choose any of the topics below:
• Someone is sitting in the shade today, because someone planted a tree a long time ago (Warren Buffett): Using Yagba Land as a case study, what entrepreneurship tree will you plant as a
• Challenges affecting Youth Entrepreneurship in Yagba Land: Insights and solutions.
• How agriculture can transform the economy of Nigeria: Using Yagba Land as a case study.
How will you be scored?
• The Essay topic is clearly spell out
• The essay stays within the topic parameters
• The essay provides a clear and coherent introductory statement
• Each paragraph contains just concept
• The idea addresses the essay question
• There is a good link between paragraph
• There is balance and coherence in the composition
• Depth of understanding of challenges
• Adequacy of proposed solution
• Accurate presentation of evidence
• The essay expresses idea not commonly found
• The writer is creative in the presentation of the idea
• The essay addresses the topic in a way that makes the reader think
• The essay shows the ability of the writer to be inventive
° Clarity of structure
• The essay must be contained 3 part which are preliminary, main content and conclusion
• Sentences are full and complete.
• Spellings are correct
• Posted completed essay on or before deadline
Terms and conditions for participants.
° All participants will be required to provide their state of origin, showing they are from either of the three local government in Yagba Land
° The participants must have originality of content, devoid of plagiarism in all levels
° No copy or form of third parties’ assistance should be engage in putting the essay materials together
° The organizers reserve the right to change the value of the prizes either by reviewing upward or downward
° Any participant that tries to gain undue advantage in the process of essay assessment and evaluation will be disqualify from the programm
° The organizers reserve the right to be indemnified in the publishing or use of essay contents or intellectual property submitted by participants
° Participants must adhere strictly to the guidelines of the essay competition.
° The decision of the judge shall be final and binding on all participants.